Register for $125
- Includes T-shirt, Hat, Jersey, and Full support
Kids Challenge Register for $60
- Includes T-shirt, Hat, Jersey, and Full Support
Fund Raising Requirement
There is a $300 minimum fund raising requirement in order to participate for all adults. The Kids Challenge ages 6-17 years old, has a $50 fund raising requirement. Children 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult on the course. The RED ROCKS Challenge is part of the DEATH RIDE Tour Inc., Charity Cycling Events as is a register 501c3 Non-Profit. All proceeds of the RRC will be donated to the ALS Association, Rocky Mountain Chapter for research to Stamp Out This Horrible Disease, ALS
- All Adults – 18-75 years old: $125 – Includes Jersey, T-Shirt , Hat & Participation Medal plus full support & Celebration Barbecue at finish.
- Children 6-14 years old: $60 – Includes Jersey, T-Shirt, Hat & Participation Medal plus full support & Celebration Barbecue at finish. This age group can ONLY PARTICIPATE IN THE 5 MILE CHALLENGE RIDE AND MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
- Junior 15-18 years old: $60 – includes Jersey, T-Shirt, Hat & Participation Medal plus full support & Celebration Barbecue at the finish. IN ORDER FOR THIS AGE GROUP TO RIDE THE RRC EITHER 62, 50 OR 30 MILE ROUTES, THEY MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
17832 Highway 8
Morrison, CO 80465
T.E.V Edelweiss location map
There will be four Denver Metro Packet-Pick Up Locations on Friday September 1, 2017 between 10:00am-6:00pm. At pick-up, if you haven’t reach the $300 or kids $50 minimum fund raising you’ll be required to pay the difference before you get you packet. Pick-up locations:
- T.E.V. Edleweiss – start & finish location. 17832 CO-8, Morrison, CO 80465
- Velosoul Cyclery – 1109 S Pearl St, Denver, CO 80210
- Campus Cycles – 2102 S Washington St, Denver, CO 80210
- Adventure Cycling – 4361 S Parker Rd, Aurora, CO 80015
- Republic Cycles – 2626 Baseline Rd, Boulder, CO 80305
If these pickup spots are not convenient, we can mail your packet to you AS LONG AS YOUR FULL RAISING MINIMUM HAS BEEN MET. There will be a $12.95 charge to mail any packets. Packets will ALL be mailed by August 15, 2017 in order to arrive on time.
In true cycling tradition, Red Rocks Challenge will take place regardless of weather; hence, no refunds.
The ride will begin at 7am. Ride support will be available starting at 7am along the course. All riders should be on the course by 8:30am.
The expo will be open 10:30am to 4:00pm.
All riders are required to wear ANSI or SNELL approved helmets, ride in accordance with State of Colorado traffic laws, ride single file, and stay to the right side of the road. Colorado State Patrol and local officials will issue citations for failure to do so. Crossing double yellow lines is strictly prohibited. Any rider caught crossing into on-coming traffic lanes will be pulled from the ride. For the safety of all – Aerobars and Headphones of any sort are NOT allowed.
Colorado weather changes quickly, especially in the foothills of Colorado. It is highly suggested that all participants carry clothing suitable for hot and cold temperatures and wet and dry weather. Appropriate rain gear is mandatory.
Where does the money go?
100% of proceeds from this event go to the ALS Association Rocky Mountain Chapter.
September 2nd, 2017 – RIDE DAY
The RED ROCKS Challenge is a bike ride, NOT A RACE! The RRC is considered a Rules of the Road event. All Colorado Highway State laws will be enforced and expected to be followed: Any participant not following these Rules will be withdrawn for the event.
Start times will be announced below with the route map.
Start Line: T.E.V. Edleweiss – 17832 Highway 8, Morrison, CO
From C-470 E take Morrison Rd./Hwy 74. Go south on Hwy 8 and head up the hill about a mile. The entrance of T. E. V. Edelweiss and parking will be on your left.
From C-470 W take exit 285, go R on Morrison Rd/Bear Creek Ave. The entrance of T. E. V. Edelweiss and parking will be on your right.
Look for the big blue and white pole.
PLEASE CARPOOL if possible. Parking is limited. Overflow parking will be available across from Cafe Prague in downtown Morrison once Edelweiss parking fills up.
6:00-8:00am Registration and Packet Pickup
7:00am START TIME
All riders should be on the route no later than 8:30am.
10:30am-4:00pm Post Ride Celebration at T.E.V. Edelweiss Club.
Expo features vendors, music, food, and more!